- Gen. Keith Alexander, head of the National Security Agency and U.S. Cyber Command, endorsed using the cloud for sharing classified intelligence on cyber threats with critical industries. More here.
- A MeriTalk survey finds that federal employees blame training and investment for the gap between public and private technology adoption. More here.
- The Navy is searching for a software suite to measure, analyze, and visualize social media reach and engagement. More here.
- Small businesses struggle to secure Army network contracts. More here.
- A panel of federal auditors and technologists said that data analytics are not enough to stop fraud, which still requires capable analysts. More here.
- A federal grand jury has indicted British citizen and alleged LulzSec hacker Ryan Cleary. More here.
- A cyber attack campaign against SCADA security companies, universities, and defense contractors appears to have ties to China. More here.
- President Obama is signing an executive order requiring the Agriculture, Commerce, Defense, Interior, Transportation, and Veterans Affairs departments, as well as the Postal Service, to provide a standardized way for carriers to lease federal assets for building cables and architecture for broadband networks, thereby lowering costs. More here.
- Representatives Mike Rogers and C.A. “Dutch” Ruppersberger asked Chinese telecom companies ZTE and Huawei to explain their connection to the Chinese government out of national security concerns. More here.
- Former White House cybersecurity coordinator Howard Schmidt calls for more execution rather than just planning in cybersecurity. More here.
- The Navy’s Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center is soliciting information on making military and commercial handheld devices transmit communications more seamlessly between each other. More here.
You are here: Home / Cyber Security / Head of NSA Endorses the Cloud, China Tied to Cyber Attacks, and More
Head of NSA Endorses the Cloud, China Tied to Cyber Attacks, and More
Filed Under: Cyber Security Tagged With: army, Barack Obama, China, cloud, Cyber Command, CYBERCOM, Cybersecurity Coordinator, Defense contractors, Department of Agriculture, Department of Commerce, Department of Labor, Department of Transportation, DoA, DoC, DoD and IC, DoL, DoT, Gen. Keith Alexander, General Alexander, government contractors, handheld device, Howard Schmidt, Kieth Alexander, LulzSec, MeriTalk, Mobile device, National Security Agency, Naval Warfare Systems Center, Navy, NSA, President Obama, Ryan Cleary, SCADA, social media, The Navy, U.S Cyber Command, U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, universities, VA, Veterans Affairs Department, White House cybersecurity coordinator