Here’s today’s top mobile news and stories.
- Pricing and more details are now available on the Microsoft Surface RT Tablet - this device will be running the ARM version of Windows 8, complete with it’s own version of Office. The tablet starts out at $500 for 32GB and for $100, their flip keyboard/cover can be had. This will be shipped on the 26 of October, so be sure to follow it. There are many people with their own opinions on the device, but I have to agree with Gizmodo (here) – just wait for a couple of reviews before you pre-order. I think the device will be quite good, but only time will tell. Via The Verge, more here. Here is even a video for you:
- The Tablet Productivity App, CloudOn, has hit version 2.5 - I always have a tough time with my Asus Transformer Prime and Office applications. None of them seem to work that well. In fact, the best is Google Drive, which can get quite finicky about a network connection. I would recommend anyone check this FREE app out. Via TechCrunch, more here.
- Isis announces October 22 launch - Isis, the carrier alternative to Google Wallet, is set to finally launch. This mobile payment option is a joint venture of AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon. They say it will be out on 20 handsets by the end of the year (highly unlikely it will be on your iPhone though). Via GigaOM, more here.
- Verizon Sold 3.1M iPhones in Q3, only 21% iPhone 5s - well 3M in one quarter, for one carrier is pretty amazing, but I am surprised at how many non-iPhone 5s were sold. I know the new lightning connector turned some off of the iPhone 5, but for anyone to make the choice to buy a 4S when the 5 is right there is just silly. Via 9to5Mac, more here.
- The Calorie-Counting MyFitnessPal app is expanding partnerships - This application, which can help you identify fitness and dietary goals and needs, is now compatible with a host of fitness devices (still not yet my MOTOACTV though). Be sure to check it out. Via Mashable, more here.
- The Motorola Droid RAZR HD and RAZR MAXX HD are now available from Verizon - The Droid RAZR (and the MAXX edition) were two of the best Android phones of last year. Quick and snappy, they lacked in only a few areas. They still are on ICS, not Jelly Bean, and obviously don’t have removable batteries but the screens have been updated and so have the innards. Via Droid-Life, more here.
- Apple has lost their appeal in the UK, and must publicly apologize to Samsung - it appears the only courtrooms in which Apple can win are in the US, and whether that’s just homecooking or different laws, it sure is different. Once again Apple has lost a patent dispute, the UK courtrooms have ruled they have to apologize by running ads on websites and newspapers in at least Arial, 14pt font. Via 9to5 Mac, more here.
- Google has an event on 29 October - This upcoming event has a guaranteed new device (most likely the LG Optimus Nexus – but it could be anything). I know I am ready to see it. Via GigaOM, more here.