Fixmo, a provider of mobile security and data protection solutions, is putting mobile security into the hands of users — literally. Fixmo SafeWatch, now in beta testing, is a personal mobile security product to help consumers and business users protect their personal information and ensure privacy for their Android mobile devices.
Fixmo, a provider of mobile security and data protection solutions, is putting mobile security into the hands of users – literally. Fixmo SafeWatch, now in beta testing, is a personal mobile security product to help consumers and business users protect their personal information and ensure privacy for their Android mobile devices.
Fixmo SafeWatch looks to protect personal data and privacy, detect potential threats and malware, as well as secure and lock-down lost or stolen devices, according to Fixmo CMO Tyler Lessard. It will even help users locate missing phones via a nifty GPS-location tracking website.
“With Fixmo SafeWatch, a lost or compromised smartphone does not have to mean lost or compromised personal data or privacy. We’re building on the experience we’ve gained in protecting government and enterprise clients to give consumers and business professionals a no-compromise solution,” Lessard said in a statement.
Fixmo SafeWatch mobile security features allow users to:
- Keep contacts, SMS messages, photos and media files backed up to a secure online service
- Lock or wipe your smartphone if it has been lost or stolen, to keep people away from your personal data; and unlock it when recovered.
- Get anti-loss triggers from Fixmo that can detect when your phone may be lost or stolen, even before you know it.
- Easily restore content to a new phone if one goes missing or is stolen.
- Receive alerts when you are about to connect to an unsecured WiFi network.
- Create private contacts that only you can see so others won’t know who you’ve been talking to.
- Stay protected from viruses and malware.
- Locate your own phone using a GPS-powered website
- If you lose your mobile device, you can send a command to tell your device to take a picture of what it can see and send it back to you.
Fixmo SafeWatch is currently completing its closed beta program to evaluate the offering. Upon release, Fixmo SafeWatch will be made available to the general public for a monthly or annual service fee, according to company officials.
Fixmo SafeWatch will also be available for white-labeling by wireless operators and value-added resellers (VARs) to offer as a customized monthly service to their subscribers.
Via Integration Developer News, here.