After learning about the great uses and potential of Big Data in government and hearing about the leading analytics solutions turning that data into intelligence at Carahsoft's Government Big Data Forum, industry leaders presented a panel on the infrastructure that makes all of this possible. Storing, accessing, and working with massive amounts of complex data is problematic for legacy infrastructure and innovative solutions are required to get the most out of your Big Data. Here are some of those leading solutions and solution providers:
- Boeing: Boeing does more than make airplanes. Boeing Network and Space Systems provides electronic and mission systems as well as information solutions. They have subsidiaries including Argon ST, which specializes in systems, system-of-systems and network-of-network technology and analysis, and cybersecurity-focused groups.
- Composite Software: Composite improves business performance through data virtualization. The Composite Data Virtualization Platform provides agile, lower cost data integration to overcomes data complexity and isolated data silos.
- Data Direct Networks: DDN is the world’s largest, privately-held, data storage infrastructure provider. It specializes in storing complex data for the most demanding fields such as high performance computing, life science research, web and cloud content, professional media, homeland security, and intelligence.
- MarkLogic: MarkLogic is the first and only operational database technology that can handle any data, any volume, and any structure by taking data from anywhere in any form.
- VMware: VMware is the leader in virtualization solutions, addressing issues such as server consolidation, test and development, busniness continuity, and desktop manageability and security.
- Xsigo: Pronounces "See-Go", they provide next generation architecture for Big Data, allowing you to connect any server to any network or storage device in seconds then dynamically manage connectivity to adapt to changing needs.