- Passbook, one of the premier iOS 6 applications, has been out a month, is it a success or a failure? This article from MacWorld examines the big statements promised by Apple on Passbook, and how they have followed through. The author finds the app lacking, more in execution than anything else. Via MacWorld, more here.
- It's rumored that Google will unveil the LG Nexus 4, 3G Nexus 7 and Samsung Nexus 10 at an event next week - October 29 is the next date for a Google Event, and it has at least one device guaranteed. It appears there will be a 2560x1600 10" Samsung tablet, the Nexus 7 updated with 32GB of memory and 3G, and the next Nexus phone, the Optimus Nexus. We'll see how it falls out, but I know the Optimus Nexus will be a winner at least. Via Droid-Life, more here.
- Microsoft, Nokia and Sony are struggling to survive this holiday season - Today's iPad Mini event and Google's event next week will dominate the technological landscape over the next few weeks. The Verge considers this holiday season as testers for all those firms, but most important could be Nokia. Via The Verge, more here.
- Samsung is ending its LCD panel relationship with Apple as of next year - this is an interesting move. Samsung and Apple have had a love-hate relationship of late, as Samsung provides a large percentage of iPhone and iPad components. But the lawsuits over Samsung Android devices and patent infringements are serious (and omnipresent). Via TechCrunch, more here.
- GigaOM has a great article on what to expect from today's iPad Mini event - As of the end of June, Apple had sold 84M iPads in total. The new iPad will be unveiled today with at 7.85" screen in an event in San Jose, CA. People are torn both ways on the efficacy of the iPad Mini. I feel it will be best served if it were inexpensive, but it seems unlikely that Apple will do this. Via GigaOM, more here.
- Japanese Court rules Apple did not infringe on Samsung patents - in the latest court cast, a Japanese court ruled that Apple did not infringe on Samsung patents regarding application downloads and flight/airplane modes. Via Engadget, more here.
Latest posts by Ryan Kamauff (see all)
- Hackers go phishing with Obamacare, NSA goes on the record about Tor attacks and more - October 7, 2013
- Powerbag: one accessory we all need - October 2, 2013
- Did Amazon knock one out of the park with the Kindle Fire HDX? - October 1, 2013