Friends at Cloudera are lead sponsors and coordinators of a new Big Data Forum focused on Apache Hadoop. The first, which will be held 30 January 2013 in Columbia Maryland, will be focused on lessons learned of use to the national security community. This is primarily for practitioners and leaders fielding real working Big Data solutions on Apache Hadoop and related technologies. I've seen a draft agenda, it includes a lineup of the nation's greatest Big Data technologists, including the chairman of the Apache Software foundation and creator of Hadoop, Lucene and Nutch Doug Cutting.
This event is intentionally being focused on real practitioners and others who can benefit from lessons learned by those who have created/fielded real enterprise solutions. This will fill up fast. Please mark you calendar now and register right away. To register see: http://info.cloudera.com/federal-big-data-hadoop-forum.html
From the invite:
Federal Big Data Apache Hadoop Forum
Hadoop is the platform for Big Data and Cloudera is constantly working to advance the platform in new and exciting technical directions. Please join us Wednesday, 30 January 2013 as experts from Government and Industry discuss some of these new developments to include:
- Real-time SQL queries against petabytes of data
- Advancing management and monitoring across the platform
- Secure storage and retrieval of petabytes of key/value data
- How Data Scientists are using Hadoop to tell stories with data
In addition, you will hear from Hadoop Creator, Apache Software Foundation Chairman, and Cloudera Chief Architect Doug Cutting on new and upcoming projects and what you can expect from Cloudera and the Hadoop Community. You will have the opportunity to interact with practitioners from across the community and hear best practices and lessons learned from IC Hadoop deployments.
This will be a widely attended event with attendees from the U.S. Federal Government and the contractors supporting them eligible to attend. Please register today.
Would you like to speak to one of our subject matter experts that will be onsite? Please make this request via the registration form by selecting "Yes" and in the open text field indicate the topic you would like to discuss. Requests will be accommodated on a first come, first serve basis.
January 30, 2013
0700 - 1500
Latest posts by Bob Gourley (see all)
- Cognitio: Strategic Consulting And Engineering To Improve Results - November 25, 2015
- Another First In Human History: World’s First Fully Reusable Rocket Goes Into Space And Returns In Usable Way - November 24, 2015
- The Megatrend of Mobility: An update for technology decision-makers - November 23, 2015