Note: Due to weather this event is being rescheduled to 4 April.
The concept of big data has come a long way in the past three years. Our first forum focused on enhancing a growing community, while last year’s focused on sharing initial lessons learned and an exchange of best practices around data. This year’s third annual Government Big Data Forum will examine emerging technologies and concepts designed to address the full spectrum of agency mission needs for Big Data.
Announcing our Morning Keynote: Kirit Amin, Deputy CIO & Chief Technology Officer at US Department of Commerce. With experience as the Chief Information Officer for the Bureau of Consular Affairs and Director for the Office of Consular Systems and Technology (CST) at the US Department of State, the Chief Technology & Innovation Officer at the Department of Housing and Urban Development, and his current position as Deputy CIO & Chief Technology Officer at the Department of Commerce, Kirit Amin will open the day by addressing unique insights into the lessons learned, remaining challenges, and gaps government organizations have in the domain of Big Data.
Join us for the third annual Government Big Data Forum in Washington, D.C. as Bob Gourley of CTOvision.com and Carahsoft bring together thought leaders and experts from the federal big data community to continue the conversation around best practices for big data technology.
In preparation of this year’s event we are encouraging all attendees to review these emerging definitions of Big Data derived from Gartner constructs:
- Big Data: A phenomenon defined by the rapid acceleration in the expanding volume of high velocity, complex and diverse types of data. Big Data is often defined along three dimensions– volume, velocity and variety.
- Big Data Solutions: Advanced techniques and technologies to enable the capture, storage, distribution, management and analysis of information.
|07:00am – 07:45am||Registration and Breakfast|
|07:45am – 08:00am||Welcome|
|08:00am – 09:00am||Introduction and Morning Keynote|
|09:00am – 09:45am||Panel 1: Infrastructure Needs and Capabilities|
|09:45am – 10:45am||Networking Break and Exhibits|
|10:45am – 11:30am||Panel 2: Analytical Tools|
|11:30am - 12:15pm||Ignite Sessions: Fast Overviews of Emerging Technologies|
|12:15pm – 01:00pm||Lunch|
|01:00pm – 01:45pm||Panel 3: Enhancing Security and Mission|
|01:45pm - 02:30pm||Panel 4: The Emerging Role of the Data Scientist|
|02:30pm – 03:30pm||Afternoon Keynote and Conclusion|
Registration is from 7:00am to 7:45am. Discussion will start promptly at 7:45am.
Latest posts by Bob Gourley (see all)
- Tracking The Megatrend of Cybersecurity - August 27, 2016
- IDVector Emerges from Stealth with Privacy Focused Secure Public Internet Access Offering - August 25, 2016
- The 4 October Synergy Forum: Free for government, discounted for CTOvision readers - August 24, 2016