In this series of posts we are providing views on three key community-focused, virtuous collaborative venue that help the DC tech community exchange lessons learned and accomplish big goals. With this series we hope to provide insights you can use to make the most out of MeriTalk, GovLoop, and WashingtonExec. We selected these three because we have first hand experience with them all and have seen not only proof that they do good work, but proof that they really care about the community. These three groups add value to the people leading the technological components of our large ecosystem.
In this post we review WashingtonExec
Washington Exec is run by one of the most community focused people I know, JD Kathuria. One of the things that sets JD apart from others in this space is his focus on giving. He contributes to the community in virtuous ways and frankly the community needs more people like JD.
Under JD's leadership, WashingtonExec provides online reports and newsletters that track the dynamic issues around the DC government and industry ecosystem. They do a great job of connecting people to the resources they need to accomplish big things. Washington Exec publishes a daily news blog that I encourage every technologist to sign up for, as well as a weekly online magazine.
They also host special invite-only events designed to provide insightful trust-based networking opportunities around important topics, like Big Data, Mobility, STEM and cyber security. Washington Exec's readership already contains the top executives in the federal space, and I imagine many of the technologists in this domain are also subscribing. If you have not subscribed yet please sign up by visiting http://feeds.feedburner.com/
Find WashingtonExec at:
- Web: http://washingtonexec.com
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/washingtonexec
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/WashingtonExec/148653025206245
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/2820738
Do you think there are others we should be writing about here? Please contact us and let us know.
Latest posts by Bob Gourley (see all)
- FireHost is Now Armor: featuring an advanced linking intelligence, defense and control focused on customer outcomes - September 1, 2015
- Two Factor Failure: With complexity comes new vulnerabilities - August 31, 2015
- Integrate (26-30 Sep 2015 in Santa Clara) is the largest conference 100% focused on integrating technologies - August 29, 2015