Training a New Generation of Data Scientists
Date: Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Time: 2pm Eastern; 11am Pacific
Duration: 1 Hour
Data scientists, the professionals who straddle the line between statistician and software engineer, are in demand like never before. This scarcity of talent drives organizations and agencies to ensure that their data scientists focus on building the tools to empower a broad class of users to ask more detailed questions, make valid inferences from large data sets, and accelerate mission success.
Register today to hear Cloudera's Senior Director of Data Science, Josh Wills, discuss:
- Critical activities and the thought process of the data scientist
- The relationship between data science and Hadoop
- Best practices for creating analytical applications on Hadoop
Josh will also illustrate how Cloudera training can help you establish and encourage this increasingly important profession and skill set.
Sign up now, or click here to register for future access to the archived recording if you are unable to attend.
Latest posts by Bob Gourley (see all)
- Join Cognitio and Verisign In An Examination Of Cyber Defense Strategies For Public Sector Agencies - April 21, 2016
- If You Are In Business Or Government You Need To Understand The Facebook Vision In This Video - April 16, 2016
- The Air Traffic Control System: We all assumed it was vulnerable, but now we know - April 14, 2016