Wouldn’t it be nice to have a photographer always around to capture your ‘selfie’ moments. No more arm in the photograph, no more partial face shots, and no more trusting complete strangers to take your group photos. Nixie is a wearable drone that with a quick flick of your wrist, it flies off to take your photo. Nixie is designed to detect your location and capture you in action; whether it be you climbing a mountain or posing in front of a building; this miniature drone will be your extended arm. The project is a part of Intel’s Make it Wearable contest, which contains an Edison chip to track you and avoid obstacles. This might just be the next best thing, after the invention of the self-timer setting on your camera.
Find more about Nixie here.
- Nixie is a wearable drone that captures your activities on the fly (engadget.com)
- Nixie drone camera takes selfie craze to new heights (digitalspy.co.uk)
- Nixie Wearable Drone Camera Flies Off Your Wrist (slashdot.feedsportal.com)
- Nixie is a wearable that flies off your wrist (digitaltrends.com)
- Nixie Wearable Drone Camera: Fashionable Photographer (technabob.com)
Latest posts by Katie Kennedy
- Video Overview of Surprising New Technologies - June 7, 2016
- Giving a Voice to Those Who Cannot Speak - May 16, 2016
- Women in Cybersecurity: Reducing the Gender Gap Part III - May 2, 2016