In March I opined on the remarkable engineering in AWS Snowball and AWS Snowball Edge. There are many trends in tech now and some of them, like the specific capabilities in this cloud computing domain, can seem like they are slow to develop till they are right on you. This is one of those times when I felt surprised. I’ve been tracking cloud computing, big data and even AWS for years, but was surprised when I found out what was available right this moment. I have to admit I was also excited to see what is available right now.
I was also surprised after publishing that post to get lots of inbound contact from friends and associates that are excited about this. One told me how they are testing these for shipboard architectures. That makes sense. Another pointed out the use case they are exploring regarding airborne use, where a flight carries the right number of Snowball and then when it lands immediately ship it off for processing. There are several NASA and NOAA and Geospatial related missions that could benefit from that.
This content requires a login to read. If you are a CTOvision Pro member, please make sure you are logged in.
If you are not yet a member, please try our free trial! Here is more info:
CTOvision Pro is our subscription only research and analysis service. This service leverages our proven ability to spot, analyze and accelerate disruptive technologies to provide mission impacting, actionable information.
We deliver actionable insights that will make direct contributions to your success. Subscribing gives you a leg up over your competition by making sure you are always aware of what is possible in enterprise IT.
CTOvision Pro members receive:
- Exclusive content
- A special newsletter with insights and summaries of our latest reports
- Access to our “Ask the CTO” feature
- In depth analysis on enterprise IT
- Overviews on and projections/assessments on the future of IT
- Special reports on Big Data, Cloud Computing, Cyber Security
- Special reporting on Federal IT
Our high value reports will help you know the difference between leading edge and bleeding edge and fantasy. Know which technology is about to disrupt the market and beat out existing programs and projects. And be the first to find out which company holds the greatest potential of helping you succeed in your enterprise mission and business pursuits.
Latest posts by Bob Gourley
- Announcing OODA: A Company Addressing Next Generation Security Challenges - January 9, 2019
- An Interview with Greg DeArment, Head of Infrastructure at Palantir - December 17, 2018
- Senzing: AI powered entity resolution to find who is who and what is what in your data - December 12, 2018