Basho Technologies, Inc. was founded in January 2008 by a core group of Software Architects, Engineers and Executives from Akamai Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:AKAM). Basho is the developer of Riak, the leading distributed database that delivers elastic scalability, high performance, high reliability, and high availability with a reduced total cost of operations (TCO).
Applications built using Riak remain both read- and write-available under almost any operational condition, with no additional intervention required. Available in both an open source and a paid commercial version, Riak provides unprecedented read- and write-availability to enterprise, web, and mobile applications.
Riak is an open source, highly scalable, fault-tolerant distributed database. Different than traditional relational databases and other “NoSQL” non-relational databases — Riak offers a number of unique benefits to users:
- Riak is built to operate in highly distributed environments, such as the cloud.
- Riak is master-less; it has no single point of failure.
- Riak is highly fault-tolerant due to its distributed nature. This means you can lose access to many Riak nodes, but never lose data.
- Riak makes data highly available for use in read and write-intensive web applications.
- Riak scales simply and intelligently, simply add a node to a cluster, with no downtime.
- Riak is incredibly stable; many see Riak as the “building blocks” of a cloud data infrastructure.
- Riak’s elegantly simple design makes for a lower cost of operations.
Learn more here:http://basho.com/