Basho Technologies, Inc. was founded in January 2008 by a core group of Software Architects, Engineers and Executives from Akamai Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:AKAM). Basho is the developer of Riak, the leading distributed database that delivers elastic scalability, high performance, high reliability, and high availability with a reduced total cost of operations (TCO).
Applications built using Riak remain both read- and write-available under almost any operational condition, with no additional intervention required. Available in both an open source and a paid commercial version, Riak provides unprecedented read- and write-availability to enterprise, web, and mobile applications.
Riak is an open source, highly scalable, fault-tolerant distributed database. Different than traditional relational databases and other “NoSQL” non-relational databases — Riak offers a number of unique benefits to users:
- Riak is built to operate in highly distributed environments, such as the cloud.
- Riak is master-less; it has no single point of failure.
- Riak is highly fault-tolerant due to its distributed nature. This means you can lose access to many Riak nodes, but never lose data.
- Riak makes data highly available for use in read and write-intensive web applications.
- Riak scales simply and intelligently, simply add a node to a cluster, with no downtime.
- Riak is incredibly stable; many see Riak as the “building blocks” of a cloud data infrastructure.
- Riak’s elegantly simple design makes for a lower cost of operations.
Learn more here:http://basho.com/
Editor’s note: The CTOlabs.com company list contains information on firms we believe enterprise technologists should track. To nominate your firm to this list or to update information we have provided on your company please visit: http://ctolabs.com/