Booz Allen has just released a report we would like to endorse and most highly recommend you review.
Their 2019 Cyber Threat outlook is particularly relevant because it is informed by real practitoners. This is our favorite kind of asesssment since practitoners have skin in the game. Booz Allen is also in a good position for producing assessments like this because they do not sell products and therefore don’t come with the biases of a vendor like that.
Their quality has been proven. Last year’s report provided insights into several trends and made projections that proved to be incredibly precient and the observations and concludions in this years report are just as actionable. The report is a forward looking overview of business risk and threat intelligence topics. It includes not only well reasoned assessments, but recommendations on strategic actions you can take to reduce your risk.
The report provides insights and actionable recommendations into eight key cyber threats:
- Companies in the crosshairs of information warfare
- Internet of Things (IoT) devices broaden state espionage operations
- Chip and PIN may fall short
- The weaponization of adware networks
- Deepfakes in the wild—Artificial Intelligence (AI) in information warfare
- New Frontiers—the expanding wireless attack surface
- State-sponsored threat actors double down on deception
- Water utility targeting bubbles to the surface
Download a copy at: Booz Allen Cyber Threat Outlook
Latest posts by Bob Gourley
- What the New U.S. Intelligence Strategy Says About Cyber Threats - February 11, 2019
- OODA LLC: Helping clients identify, manage, and respond to global risks and uncertainties - February 10, 2019
- Super Bowl Ads Indicate Big Businesses Think You Are Afraid of AI - February 4, 2019