Note: CTOvision publisher Bob Gourley is an advisor to Centripetal Networks.
Centripetal Networks is a firm with dramatically virtuous technology.
Centripetal was recently awarded a historic $2.6-$3.2 Bil vs. Cisco Systems; largest US patent infringement award to date.
The core capability of Centripetal Networks is a product called the RuleGate. It is a very high performance TCP/IP packet filter able to make decisions in real time on whether to let pass/forward, drop or modify each packet crossing a boundary, in either direction. It does this by policies established by the enterprise, and can also be configured to ingest threat information to rapidly change configuration to mitigate emerging threats.
The disruptive characteristics of the RuleGate include the ability to filter at incredibly fast rates (1G/10G) and do so through millions of packet filtering rules while only incurring latencies measured in microseconds. Performance is better by up to 1000 times the performance of the most powerful network firewalls and router Access Control Lists (ACLs). This disruptive performance not only creates a new category of network device but also enables new cybersecurity applications previously considered infeasible. Enterprise-centric and ISP-centric cybersecurity applications include:
- DDoS Protection: Immunize your networks from bandwidth flooding attacks
- Threat Surface Reduction: Keep cyber criminals out of your network
- Exfiltration Prevention: Stop malware from stealing your data and credentials
- Network Resilience: Assuring mission-critical communications during cyber war
- Defense Applications Platform: Creating new Cyber Defense Applications for your networks
- Cyber Enclaves: Ensuring that only authorized users, hosts, and applications can use the network
- Network-Security-as-a-Service (NSaaS): Protect subscriber networks from Internet attacks
- GeoIP Filtering: Block or allow communications depending on geographic location
- Access Control List (ACL) Acceleration: Eliminate service outages and performance issues with large dynamic ACLs
- Firewall Acceleration: Prevent insider trust violations and overwhelming Internet attacks
For more see: Centripetal Networks.
Track the most disruptive technologies by diving into our categorized index:
Artificial Intelligence Companies | Big Data Companies | Business Intelligence Companies | Cybersecurity Companies | Cloud Computing Companies | Collaborative Tool Companies | Infrastructure Companies | IoT Companies | Mobile Companies | Robotics Companies | Services Companies | Tech Titans | VC, PE and Finance Companies