The Boundary of Security & Privacy Privacy is becoming an ever increasing concern in our world today. Social Networks today are now focusing on users’ privacy given the inherent security risks posed by organizations’ access to personally identifiable information. The European Union has enacted GDPR valuing privacy whereas on the opposite end of the spectrum, China has implemented a Social Credit System.
What role do reputational systems play in our society? How do we design security controls for information systems balancing user’s rights to their personal information? Where’s the boundary of security and privacy?
Come to our session to hear a distinguished panel of speakers discuss this topic in detail, including:
- Alex Ruiz, Director, Information Security U.S. Card, Capital One
- Brock Webb,Cloud Program Manager, Cloud Program Manager, Census Bureau
Register today to be a part of the conversation.
CSA-DC in run entirely by volunteers who are committed to making a meaningful difference in the DC Metro Area’s cybersecurity landscape. We need YOU to help us execute on our chapter’s vision by making a donation based sponsorship. For sponsorship opportunities, contact us here.
Latest posts by Bob Gourley
- OODA Provides Technology Due Diligence At A Speed That Will Support Your Decision-Making Process - May 21, 2019
- AI World Gov: Come network with peers and share lessons learned in application of AI to real world challenges in government - May 20, 2019
- Cloud Security Alliance DC Update: Explore The Boundary of Security & Privacy on 13 June Cruise - May 14, 2019