Crucial Point LLC is a technology research, consulting and services firm. We research and report on technology market trends, advanced technology concepts, and new business models enabled by advanced technologies. We provide market intelligence, business development and technology services. We primarily work in the national security/cyber security domain, and serve clients from government, high tech firms, private equity and defense integrators.
Crucial Point provides two key services:
Crucial Point was formed by Bob Gourley in 2007. Since then Crucial Point has served over 100 businesses across multiple sectors of the economy with advanced technology services including cyber security consulting, due diligence reviews, security engineering and federal market advisory services.
We love learning about new capabilities in the ecosystem, especially new technologies that can make dramatic positive differences in the missions of enterprise users. If you have or know of technologies like this please let us know. If you are interested in partnering with us or in becoming a client we would love to hear about that too!
More about our services:
Strategic Consulting: Leverage experienced professionals with proven past performance. Our clients include major telecommunications firms, defense systems integrators and IT firms with dramatic, “game changing” technology. We also help highly regulated businesses and government agencies respond to a continuous stream of new mandates for cybersecurity compliance.
CTO Outsourcing and CTO-as-a-Service: Our model provides highly qualified, experienced Chief Technology Officer (CTO) or Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) leadership on your staff to manage and lead your technology partners, developers, engineers and IT support. We offer part-time, full-time, retained and hourly services. We also provide compliance services.
Technology Research: Our experts in technology can assess the relevance of technology prior to investment and prior to you bringing the capability into your enterprise. We prepare customized briefings on technology and provide context on IT focused on your needs.
Due Diligence:We support private equity firms, venture capital, and businesses looking to acquire other businesses. We can also help independently verify and place into context the discriminators of technologies in the firms you are considering.
Cybersecurity and CISO-as-a-Service Crucial Point provides architecture reviews and action plans for enhancing cybersecurity. We also provide analysis of solutions and products and strategies associates with cybersecurity, including market potential analysis, product offering development and marketing/messaging creation.
Government Market Evaluation and Support: We serve high tech companies who want to do business with the government. We can assist you in flattening the learning curve and will help you produce a winning strategy.
There Is No Substitute For Experience
Questions/comments/suggestions? Please contact us for more information.
Other Crucial Point Posts
- World War T: What does it mean for your current decision-making?
- Tech CEOs: When will you know if it is time to stand up your federal office?
- What The Board Needs To Know About the GDPR
- A Simple DNS Configuration Change Can Reduce Your Risk. Here Is What To Do
- Coming Events of Interest: These are the big ones for rest of 2018
- Government Matters TV Explores Email Security Standards, DoD IT and Cloud Security with Bob Gourley
- Russian State-Sponsored Cyber Actors Targeting Network Infrastructure Devices
- The Cloud Security Alliance Hosts 5th Annual Federal Summit on 15 May 2018
- Looking for Blockchain Innovation During RSA 2018
- Energy Pipeline Operations Affected By Cyberattack
- What Executives Should Know About Ethereum
- Cybersecurity Context From Four Top Experts: Rich Baich, Bill Crowell, Anthony J. Ferrante, Jeremy King
- All Companies Who Interact With European Citizens Must Check Architecture For Compliance With New Data Rules
- Connected Vehicles and Cybersecurity: An SAE produced webinar
- Enterprise Security and Functionality Benefits of the new Software Defined Perimeter (SDP) Approach
- Executive Order Underscores Need For Leadership Accountability In Reducing Digital Risk
- Cybersecurity Due Diligence: Now a best practice in Merger & Acquisition (M&A)
- Leveraging The FFIEC Cybersecurity Assessment Tool (CAT) To Improve Corporate Culture and Raise Security Posture
- Thought Leaders In Direct Contact With Adversaries Provide Insights Into New Cyber Attack Techniques
- CTO as a Service: Leverage proven enterprise technologists to further your business objectives
- DoD Contractors: Complying with new DFARS regulations is easier with external help
- The Data Cars Will Be Capturing by 2030 Can Only Be Described As "Big"
- Election Impact 2016: 10 Nov on Capital Hill
- American Industry Benefiting From Government Cybersecurity Executive Transitions
- CTOvision Named To BizTech's List Of Top 30 Must-Read Blogs For the Small to Mid-sized Business
- The Shifting Cyber Attack Target Set And Why It Matters To The Mid-Sized Business
- Bob Gourley on picking from the 'thousands' of vendor solutions
- CTO Bob Gourley in People Magazine: Security tips for the general public
- The National Defense Week Podcast by Francis Rose
- Things To Do Right Now About Your Cybersecurity Workforce Crisis
- Swords Still Crossed Over Privacy Shield
- “Amtower Off Center” with Bob Gourley
- Ransomware Evolves: Entire Hospital Including Emergency Rooms Disrupted
- Bob Gourley Named One of the Top 100 Big Data Influencers
- FFIEC's Cybersecurity Assessment Tool: Perspectives of the National Credit Union Administration
- The Global Cyber Alliance Appoints Philip Reitinger as its First President and CEO
- Truly Useful Artificial Intelligence Tools You Can Use Today
- SAP NS2 Solutions Summit Highlights
- CTOvision Publisher Bob Gourley Featured On AP Radio News Providing Context On Cyber Attacks vs Federal Government
- Cybersecurity Standards and Your Enterprise