There are seven key megatrends driving the future of enterprise IT. You can remember them all with the mnemonic acronym CAMBRIC, which stands for Cloud Computing, Artificial Intelligence, Mobility, Big Data, Robotics, Internet of Things, CyberSecurity.
In this post we dive deeper into the trend of Mobility.
This is the greatest leap in humanity’s ability to stay connected since the advent of spoken word. The only thing that would be better than this always on continuously connected super computer in our pocket would be ESP. This trend is causing irreversible change to all cultures.
A snapshot of the trend right now indicates:
- The trend is providing all humanity with a mobile, connected supercomputer
- With 100’s of sensors and millions of applications which can fuel and support use cases we have yet to begin to imagine
- User location and its history becomes the ultimate biometric
- Enterprises must serve mobile users and mobile employees, and watch for mobile threats
Open questions decision-makers should track include:
- Will the eyes and ears be the most used senses for mobile devices?
- How will dictatorships react?
- What is the impact on privacy?
- What use cases will dominate?
- How will enterprises shift?
Books we appreciated for context around Mobility include:
- The Fourth Transformation: How Augmented Reality & Artificial Intelligence Will Change Everything
- The Inevitable: Understanding the 12 Technological Forces That Will Shape Our Future
- The Industries of the Future
- The Seventh Sense: Power, Fortune, and Survival in the Age of Networks
For deeper considerations of the impact of Mobility on enterprise IT it is important to track all seven MegaTrends and consider them together. Dive deeper into all the trends and examine their impact on your organization via a CTOvision Pro membership, available for enterprises and individuals.
It is also important to track the reality of the enterprise and consumer tech providers in the mobility space. To help bring focus to that topic we capture our list of the top technology in mobile computing companies.
You can launch your examination of the MegaTrends through the categories menu at CTOvision, or directly via these links: Cloud Computing, Artificial Intelligence, Mobility, Big Data, Robotics, Internet of Things, CyberSecurity.
For alerts on future posts on this topic see CTOvision Newsletters.
Latest posts by Bob Gourley
- Spookstock: Less than a month remains before this secretive, virtuous battle of the bands - October 17, 2018
- DHS Providing Insights For Potential Cybersecurity Employees Via Webinar - October 15, 2018
- Definitive Guide to Threat Intelligence - October 11, 2018