The CTOvision guide to the megatrend of Mobility focuses on topics CTOs should know regarding the current and very near future of mobility.
What Is Mobility?
This is the greatest leap in humanity’s ability to stay connected since the advent of spoken word. The only thing that would be better than this always on continuously connected super computer in our pocket would be ESP. This trend is causing irreversible change to all cultures.
A snapshot of the trend Mobility right now indicates:
- The trend is providing all humanity with a mobile, connected supercomputer
- With 100’s of sensors and millions of applications which can fuel and support use cases we have yet to begin to imagine
- User location and its history becomes the ultimate biometric
- Enterprises must serve mobile users and mobile employees, and watch for mobile threats
Open questions on Mobility decision-makers should track include:
- Will the eyes and ears be the most used senses for mobile devices?
- How will dictatorships react?
- What is the impact on privacy?
- What use cases will dominate?
- How will enterprises shift?
Due Diligence Assessments and the trend of Mobility:
The trend of mobility is an increasingly important element of corporate Due Diligence since it is disruptive business models.
- On the sell side: Firms should ensure their deployment of mobile devices are optimized and are done in a way that is secure and compliant. Doing this before sale can make a big difference in how well a firm will be valued.
- On the buy side: Buyers should pay particular attention to the deployment of mobile devices to ensure a well thought out architecture that mitigates risks. External and independent verification and validation of security policies and practices should include a review of the mobile architecture, as well as the degree that the target is complying with appropriate compliance regimes.
Strategically, the acquisition of firms is also an art requiring assessment of how unique the capability is and how much in demand it will be in the market. We provide due diligence consulting via our consulting arm, OODA LLC.
For alerts on future posts on this topic see CTOvision Newsletters.
Latest Entries in the CTOvision Directory of Mobility Firms:
Other reports in this series:
- Latest CTOvision Assessments on Cloud Computing, Artificial Intelligence, Mobility, Big Data, Robotics, Internet of Things and Cybersecurity
- Announcing OODA: A Company Addressing Next Generation Security Challenges
- Apple’s AI Glasses Could Transform Multiple Industries
There are seven key megatrends driving the future of enterprise IT. You can remember them all with the mnemonic acronym CAMBRIC, which stands for Cloud Computing, Artificial Intelligence, Mobility, Big Data, Robotics, Internet of Things, CyberSecurity.