There are many great ways to learn about Artificial Intelligence. An important one is to listen to those strategic thinkers who are helping drive real advancements into applications.
As a long term student of AI, I have other videos I will recommend to you to better learn the history of AI and its many AI winters and bursts of advancements. But this video of Eric Schmidt is great for other reasons. It gives insights into Google’s belief that at scale, AI algorithms can generate incredible results, especially around unplanned learning.
Eric hits many other topics, including robotics, cybersecurity, nation on nation cyber war and AI safety issues (meaning threats from AI, in particular, AI self-modification that cannot be verified as desired by humans (will one day a Roomba decide to kill the family dog because the dog makes messes?)).
You can get first-hand insights on these and many other topics in this succinct video:
For more on AI and ML see:
- Tracking The Evolution Of Amazon Kinesis: Real-time processing of streaming data, including video, at scale
- What The Board Needs To Know About Artificial Intelligence
- Amazon opens its internal machine learning courses to all for free
- CTOvision Assessment On The Megatrend of Artificial Intelligence
Latest posts by Bob Gourley
- Deception for Speeding Up Your OODA Loop - December 5, 2019
- Software Acquisition and Practices in Government: Build or Buy? - November 25, 2019
- Travel Back To 1985 For A Guest Lecture By Commodore Grace Hopper on The Future of Computing - November 25, 2019