We previously mentioned the exciting cybersecurity competition wicked6, where six elite collegial cyber teams go head-to-head in the thrilling environment of a Las Vegas esports arena (HyperX Esports Arena at Luxor) on 8 August 2019
All proceeds of this event go to the Woman’s Society of Cyberjutsu, a national nonprofit that promotes training, mentoring and more to advance women and girls in cybersecurity careers.
In this exciting setting, purpose-built for online gaming, the Wicked6 Cyber Games takes its lead from the esports world. Six collegiate teams will compete head-to-head in preliminary, semi-final and championship rounds in an arena before an audience of avid fans in the presence of major fundraising supporters.
“As the demand for cybersecurity talent continues to grow, it is critical to provide a fun and engaging platform for competitors to hone their skills and showcase their talents to potential employers,” said Mari Galloway, CEO of the Women’s Society of Cyberjutsu. “Wicked6 will demonstrate how exciting cybersecurity can be and raise awareness of the profession.”
Competitors will demonstrate ethical hacking skills in realistic simulations of industry-specific scenarios, like protecting a financial institution or defending a power grid, on a state-of-the-art platform designed to gamify cybersecurity.
The games will be played in Project Ares, a gamified, AI-powered cybersecurity platform by Circadence™. By staging the games at the HyperX Esports Arena, Wicked6 will be the first cyber esports competition, creating an environment of speed and fun for players and spectators alike.
“As a nation, we cannot win in cybersecurity without skilled competitors driven to stay sharp, continuously learn, and work as a team,” said Jessica Gulick, Vice President of the Women’s Society of Cyberjutsu. “We have reached a point where cyber competitions can move beyond traditional exercises to being on par with esports. It’s time for the field of cybersecurity to recognize not only famous or infamous hackers, but the best cyber athletes at all levels.”
The six teams that are competing are:
- California State University, Northridge Layer 8
- East Coast Polytechnic Institute, Columbia D0wn the L1ne
- University of Central Florida Knightsec
- University of Colorado Boulder BuffOvrFlows
- University of Nevada, Reno NCC-1701
- University of North Carolina, Wilmington Cyber Seahawks
A Salute to All Competing College Teams! Visit Wicked 6 to see the full list of teams.
For more see: https://wicked6.com/
Latest posts by Bob Gourley
- OODA and Bastille Webinar: Finding phones, wearables and gadgets through Cellular, Bluetooth, Bluetooth Low Energy and Wi-Fi device detection - November 20, 2019
- OODA Loop Launches A New Series Of Market Based Assessments Aimed At Your Success - November 18, 2019
- How Do Leaders In Government Decide Weather To Buy Or Build? Do They pick GOTS or COTS? - November 18, 2019