Editor's Note: We were treated to demos of Cloudera Enterprise 3.7 at Hadoop World, and it really blew us away with its functionality for total lifecycle management of Hadoop Clusters. That lifecycle management includes planning, creation of clusters, management of their health, control of access, logging/auditing and many other tools, all put together in a fantastic interface. The Cloudera announcement below provides more details.
Managing Hadoop Just Got Easier
As Apache Hadoop is used for business critical workloads, companies require the same reliability, transparency and automation they have with their other popular enterprise platforms. Cloudera continues to deliver these capabilities with the newly announced 3.7 release of Cloudera Enterprise.
Available immediately, Cloudera Enterprise 3.7 features enhanced management capabilities in Cloudera Manager (formerly Cloudera Management Suite), a software application that governs the complete operational lifecycle of the complete Hadoop stack:
- Deploy | Automated, wizard-based installation and configuration
- Discover | Service health and activity monitoring, intelligent log management, events and alerts
- Diagnose | Job analytics, log search, configuration recommendations and support integration
- Act | Service, configuration and security management across all clusters
- Optimize | Operational reporting
Latest posts by Ryan Kamauff (see all)
- Hackers go phishing with Obamacare, NSA goes on the record about Tor attacks and more - October 7, 2013
- Powerbag: one accessory we all need - October 2, 2013
- Did Amazon knock one out of the park with the Kindle Fire HDX? - October 1, 2013