Informatica provides data integration software. Their products help with data integration, replication, virtualization, masking, and quality. Their flagship product is Vibe, a virtual data machine which is an "embeddable data management engine that powers Informatica's Intelligent Data Platform and can access, aggregate, and manage any type of data."
Watch this quick introduction on what Vibe could mean for simplifying the way we work with data by accommodating different data types, different computing platforms, and even different consumption models.
With Vibe, you can:
- Automatically connect virtualized data integration prototypes to the physical world
- Embed data quality directly into an application
- Deploy on Hadoop, without knowing Hadoop
- Create reusable integration workflows that can be built on premise and deployed to the Cloud, or vice versa
So, regardless of the type, volume or source of the data used, or the computing platform, Vibe can help ease how much you code by letting you redeploy your program without recoding, or respecifying every time new data is brought in. It can be embedded into already created applications and devices, whenever it is needed to manage or access data.
The Informatica Intelligent Data Platform provides a "data highway" to connect all people, places and things and would deliver data that can organize itself and provide intelligent guidance on how it can be used. According to Informatica, their requirements for any intelligent data platform would have to:
- Unleash business potential by harnessing all data owned, generated, processed, or stored by an organization
- Speedily allow non-technical business users to integrate, consume, and analyze all types of data
- Enable organizations to master relationships between data across multiple systems
- Provide a universally consistent way for new applications, devices, and users to consume data
- Be built on existing infrastructure, so you don’t have to rip and replace
They also have a handy infographic style architecture diagram laying out what components an intelligent data platform should have: Data Intelligence, Data Infrastructure, and a Virtual Data Machine.
And so, their Intelligent Data Platform is powered by Vibe, as mentioned above, which allows the user to instantly take advantage of its abilities to transform raw data into information to provide insight and value. More than 5000 customers harness the Informatica Platform to use the full potential of their information they are trying to interpret.
The Informatica website contains demos on Vibe that can be viewed here, by scrolling down to the bottom of the page. For more information on the Informatica's Intelligent Data Platform, read about what it is like in action on this page!
Informatica provides many other capabilities worth note, including cloud integration and data management capabilities that work with providers like Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (including Redshift). We view their well-thought out approach to legacy data, current data and even future data to be a strength making them a key firm to evaluate in any data migration or modernization activity.
For all other curiosities, including their other products (all helping with other data services) visit their homepage at Informatica.