Thanks to Constellation Research and the People-Centered Internet coalition, a historic meeting is being convened 10 December 2018 to help ensure humanity is in charge of our own destiny. This event includes key Internet pioneers and next generation change agents coming together to share lessons learned and chart a course for the future.
CTOvision will be attending the event (Gourley speaks on a panel on the future of the Internet and corporate responsibility). Our objective is to engage in every topic and capture insights for sharing with you.
Those gathering at the event aim to:
- Share lessons on how we got here and advance the dialog on where we need to go for the next 50 years
- Advance the cause of an open model for the Internet
- Advance aspirations of the good of the Internet
- Discuss human-rights in a digital world
CTOvision readers know more than most the many perils that face us, as well as the tremendous promises in front of us. In early 2019 50% of the world will be connected to the Internet, marking an inflection point where we should examine the unfinished work we have started in making the Internet a positive tool for human rights and the advancement of freedom. The event is also coincident with the 70th Anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights by the United Nations.
- Vint Cerf: Vice President and Chief Internet Evangelist Google
- Sir Tim Berners-Lee: Inventor of the World Wide Web
- Radia Perlman: Internet Pioneer
- Scott P. Campbell: Senior Human Rights Officer, UN
- David Bray: Executive Director, People Centered Internet
- Mei Lin Fung: Co-Founder, People Centered Internet
- R “Ray” Wang: Principal Analyst and Founder, Constellation Research
- Parry Aftab: Founder, Digital Living Labs
- Melvin Cordova: Founder, Zeus Direct
- Marc Goodman: NY Times Best-Selling Author
- Tricia Wang, Sudden Compass
- Bob Gourley: Co-Founder, OODA LLC
- Dion Hinchcliffe: VP and Principal Analyst, Constellation Research
- Paul Pagnato: Founder and CEO, PagnatoKarp
- Doc Searls: Editor in Chief, Linux Journal
- Dr. Linton Wells II: Former Deputy DoD CIO.
For more and register see: People-Centered Digital Future
You can watch the conference via YouTube livestream here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S87r9Bn058s
And you can ask questions and interact via Slido here: https://www.sli.do/