With this post we are initializing our coverage of Kinetica. Kinetica offers a GPU-accelerated, in-memory analytics database (https://www.kinetica.com/product/) that delivers truly real-time response to queries on large, complex and streaming data sets: 100x faster performance at 1/10 of the hardware of traditional databases.
Kinetica was initially developed for the US Army Intelligence and Security Command to track terrorist and other national security threats in real time–producing instant results while visualizing insights across >200 sources of streaming datasets. With the growth of data from IoT, transactions and other sources, business users are running up against similar computational bottlenecks with the challenge of streaming and analyzing data in truly real time.
Kinetica has been battle tested, and has a strong partnership with NVIDIA (https://www.kinetica.com/partner/nvidia/) for accelerated hardware. Additionally, Kinetica is certified on IBM, HP, Dell and Cisco servers.
The US Postal Service relies on Kinetica (https://www.kinetica.com/case-studies/usps/) to ingest, analyze, and visualize large and complex streaming data for real-time route optimization and on-time mail delivery.
For insights into Kinetica see the video at this link:
- Reminder: Easy way to update your CTOvision newsletter distribution options
- FireEye: Purpose-built, Virtual Machine-based Security Platform
- The CTOvision Guide To The Cybersecurity Technology Marketplace
- Tracking The Evolution Of Amazon Kinesis: Real-time processing of streaming data, including video, at scale
Track the most disruptive technologies by diving into our categorized index:
Artificial Intelligence Companies | Big Data Companies | Business Intelligence Companies | Cybersecurity Companies | Cloud Computing Companies | Collaborative Tool Companies | Infrastructure Companies | IoT Companies | Mobile Companies | Robotics Companies | Services Companies | Tech Titans | VC, PE and Finance Companies
Latest posts by Marty Meehan
- Data-Centric Security and Zero Trust Architecture: - February 3, 2019
- The Entropy Problem: Random Data and Secure Cryptography - July 30, 2018
- QuintessenceLabs is Named a Tech Pioneer for 2018 - July 16, 2018