Maltego is growing in popularity as an analytical tool because of its functionality and open source model. Maltego supports many mission areas, but has especially caught on among cyber analysts. They are supported by the company Paterva.
For an overview of capabilities see the video at this link and embedded below:
From their website:
What is Maltego?
With the continued growth of your organization, the people and hardware deployed to ensure that it remains in working order is essential, yet the threat picture of your “environment” is not always clear or complete. In fact, most often it’s not what we know that is harmful – it’s what we don’t know that causes the most damage. This being stated, how do you develop a clear profile of what the current deployment of your infrastructure resembles? What are the cutting edge tool platforms designed to offer the granularity essential to understand the complexity of your network, both physical and resource based?
Maltego is a unique platform developed to deliver a clear threat picture to the environment that an organization owns and operates. Maltego’s unique advantage is to demonstrate the complexity and severity of single points of failure as well as trust relationships that exist currently within the scope of your infrastructure.
The unique perspective that Maltego offers to both network and resource based entities is the aggregation of information posted all over the internet – whether it’s the current configuration of a router poised on the edge of your network or the current whereabouts of your Vice President on his international visits, Maltego can locate, aggregate and visualize this information.
Maltego offers the user with unprecedented information. Information is leverage. Information is power. Information is Maltego.
What does Maltego do?
- Maltego is a program that can be used to determine the relationships and real world links between:
- Groups of people (social networks)
- Web sites
- Internet infrastructure such as:
- DNS names
- IP addresses
- Documents and files
- These entities are linked using open source intelligence.
- Maltego is easy and quick to install – it uses Java, so it runs on Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Maltego provides you with a graphical interface that makes seeing these relationships instant and accurate – making it possible to see hidden connections.
- Using the graphical user interface (GUI) you can see relationships easily – even if they are three or four degrees of separation away.
- Maltego is unique because it uses a powerful, flexible framework that makes customizing possible. As such, Maltego can be adapted to your own, unique requirements.
What can Maltego do for me?
- Maltego can be used for the information gathering phase of all security related work. It will save you time and will allow you to work more accurately and smarter.
- Maltego aids you in your thinking process by visually demonstrating interconnected links between searched items.
- Maltego provide you with a much more powerful search, giving you smarter results.
- If access to “hidden” information determines your success, Maltego can help you discover it.
For more see http://paterva.com
Track the most disruptive technologies by diving into our categorized index:
Artificial Intelligence Companies | Big Data Companies | Business Intelligence Companies | Cybersecurity Companies | Cloud Computing Companies | Collaborative Tool Companies | Infrastructure Companies | IoT Companies | Mobile Companies | Robotics Companies | Services Companies | Tech Titans | VC, PE and Finance Companies