All enterprise professionals should continue to track MicroSoft (NASDAQ:MSFT). With a market cap of $450B they are not going anywhere soon. We focus most of our energy tracking smaller, more disruptive firms since most enterprise technologists will know how to get updates on MicroSoft, but like the other Tech Titans we track we have to keep an eye out for surprises.
Here is how Microsoft describes themselves:
Microsoft Corporation is engaged in developing, licensing and supporting a range of software products and services. The Company also designs and sells hardware, and delivers online advertising to the customers. The Company operates in five segments: Devices and Consumer (D&C) Licensing, D&C Hardware, D&C Other, Commercial Licensing, and Commercial Other. The Company’s products include operating systems for computing devices, servers, phones, and other intelligent devices; server applications for distributed computing environments; productivity applications; business solution applications; desktop and server management tools; software development tools; video games; and online advertising. It also offers cloud-based solutions that provide customers with software, services and content over the Internet by way of shared computing resources located in centralized data centers. It provides consulting and product and solution support services.
CTOvision Reporting on Microsoft
- Safari, Edge fans: Is that really the website you think you're visiting? URL spoof bug blabbed
- T-Mobile data breach, Windows 10 zero-day, crashing App troubleshooter can leak private info, Air Canada's App hacked, NASAA investigating 200 ICOs
- Do Companies Need a Chief AI Officer (CAIO)?
- Microsoft fights ransomware, Instagram hacked, Scary biometric database, Cybersecurity culture
- Smart Speakers? Meh. Intelligent Assistants? Yeah!
- Congrats Cloudera For Recognition as as Winner of Microsoft 2018 Partner of the Year
- Google to add signature for non playstore APKs, Microsoft and EY's blockchain tool, CIO advise for tackling constraints in innovation,
- Can AI be used for evil? IBM's AI Debater debates with human champion, Google's AI can predict death, Nvidia uses AI to make super slo-mo movie.
- Apple sued for creating iOS monopoly, Microsoft acquires Flipgrid, 5G standalone standard approved, Foxconn coming to the US
- Why Cybersecurity is Looking to AI to Mitigate Business Risks
- Tech as a Career Gains Ground, Microsoft's Sinks Data, SAP Does Blockchain
- Scary Words For Anyone: Microsoft and Amazon Are Entering Your Market
- Undeterred By Any Ethical Issues, Microsoft, Google, Qualcomm leading AI charge
- Yelp's case against Google, Blockchain tech by JPMorgan, Facebook's hate filtering chip
- How the Enlightenment Ends, Realeyes' AI powered camera, AI Risks, Microsoft's AI foray, Google's secret AI boot camp and Bank of America's AI powered Erica assistant