CTOvision is now part of OODA LLC.
If you have a background in cybersecurity or the military or are a student of decision theory you can probably tell our company name is meant to honor one of the greatest warrior thinkers of the modern age, Air Force Colonel John Boyd.
Boyd was an Air Force fighter pilot. He saw service in WWII and Korea and led major units during the Vietnam War. He was an instructor at the Air Force’s fighter weapons school, where he distinguished himself with the ability to get the best of any other pilot. There he got the nickname of “40 second Boyd” because in every engagement with any other pilot he got the best of them within 40 seconds. His fame spread and soon every pilot in the Air Force and Navy wanted to challenge him. None could best him.
By 1976, his fame in air to air dominance had grown so much the Pentagon brought him back to DC to figure out what he was doing so it could be replicated. Boyd captured his approach by articulating a process. He called it OODA, for Observe – Orient – Decide – Act. It is the OODA Loop because this is a never ending and very dynamic process.
The OODA loop approach is widely used in the cybersecurity world. Hackers and Defenders in our networks are always seeking advantage over each other. The one who has the best/fastest OODA loop wins.
This OODA Loop decision-making model is also applicable in business or anywhere else where continuous action in dynamic environments is required.
OODA is offering services in three lines of business: Security, Opportunity and Technology.
- Our security offerings build upon work we have done reducing risk for 100’s of companies across just about every sector of the economy. We assess risk and build action plans to mitigate those risks. We provide dynamic red teaming and advanced training including table top exercises. Our security offerings include a special focus on artificial intelligence solutions.
- Our opportunity offerings include support to due diligence assessments, strategic consulting and market engagement, including assistance in helping firms accelerate into hard to penetrate markets.
- Our technology offerings include technology evaluations, market assessments and virtual CTO/CIO/CISO services. Our experienced team includes many former CIOs, CTOs and CISOs ready now to deliver scalable CISO-as-a-Service to your firm.
For more please see: OODA LLC
Latest posts by Bob Gourley
- Trusona Is Poised To Improve How We Securely Authenticate With Systems - January 14, 2020
- This One Little Configuration Change Will Make It Harder For People To Steal Your Information - January 12, 2020
- What You Need To Know About The Iranian Cyber Threat - January 7, 2020