SitScape has generated incredible excitement in the analytical community in government and Fortune 100 companies. This post will provide insight on why.
SitScape is an enterprise software company headquartered in Tyson’s Corner, Northern Virginia, right outside of Washington D.C. SitScape was founded with a single vision to empower business and mission users to visually access and analyze information that matters to them at-a-glance, and naturally collaborate in their own situational context for effective decision making.
SitScape delivers a powerful Web-based information intelligence and decision making software system for visual, on-demand situational awareness, real-time contextual collaboration; agile big data correlation and visualization to the Enterprise and Mission/Remote Teams that is secure, flexible and very easy to use.
I am highlighting specifically one key innovative capability of SitScape in this post:
“Agile Big Data Correlation and Visualization without Programming”
This next-generation web-based big data technology empowers non-technical users to rapidly connect, visualize and correlate disparate data sources on-the-fly using just a Web browser, without requiring data being extracted and loaded into a central database or data store first.
With just a few mouse-clicks, user can create beautiful and highly interactive visualizations from data source with their Web browser, those visualizations are automatically linked and correlated by the software. User can click on visualization, slice and dice the data visually, and all the other visualizations on the screen will update accordingly simultaneously. User can also keep drill-down or drill-through from a top level data visualization to various other visualizations dynamically. Then with a few more mouse clicks to apply analyst’s knowledge, it can correlate data from different sources rapidly. All those can be done in seconds or minutes, leading to rapid fire data exploration and analysis across multiple disparate data visualizations and data sources.
The big differences from competitors/predecessors:
(1) It not only can automatically link and correlates multiple visualizations from shared data store, but also can correlate and link disparate data sets and their visualizations across disparate data sources easily, not forced to export/load those data into a centralized data store or memory first.
(2) It is 100% Web-based for agile interactive exploratory data analytics and visualization, there is no need for desktop software install, and so no need to go through the extra step of publishing the desktop analysis results to another Web server.
(3) It further differentiates from transitional BI technology with its capability of working with real-time operational data collaboratively, and the ability to monitor operational data flow and data changes; and the capability of triggering events and data correlation on-the-fly based on user-defined thresholds or rules for the mission critical cyber operational environment. Transitional visualization or BI technologies are mostly focusing on reporting and visualization of historical data.
I believe this technology has big potential for operational data analysis, intelligence, visualization and collaboration for shared situational awareness (SSA).
Technology Applicability & Uses
It has broad applicability to the Defense/Security/Intel space as well as a very broad commercial applicability. Some use cases include:
(1) Shared situational awareness for Intel, ISR, Cyber and C4
(2) On-demand situational understanding for Ops team and Sr. Leaders.
(3) Actionable operational intelligence to ISR, Ops and Command Centers, Mission Teams,
(4) Watch Floors, Situational Rooms, Analysts virtual desktop
(5) Dynamic briefing and travel books for DoD and IC Senior Leaders.
Those missions all have similar challenges of too many disparate data sources, frequent changes and constant generation of new data, and being hard to visualize and correlate those data at near real-time basis for shared situational awareness and informed decision making.
I believe a technology that can bring rapid value to the ever changing variety, velocity and volume of those applications and data sources in a visual and agile way, being 100% browser based, and mobile-enabled is exactly what the analytical community has been looking for.
A sample use-case(s) for the technology
In a typical cyber operational environment, there are many disparate data sources, ranging from network configurations, network traffic, applications and severs configuration information, server logs, user authentication and usage activities, physical building/badge access activities, phone call records, geopolitical data etc.
It is very common to ask questions such as what is the top-N accessed cyber resources, who have been access those, from where, when they did that, in what statistical patterns, and is there any correlation of those activities with separate communication records such as phone records and travel/location information.
This may involve a number of disparate data sources and systems, and in many cases, it is not easy to have all the data being per-extracted, batch processed in a central data store first. Actually in many cases, it is impossible to do that due to the operational data is still being updated at near real-time basis.
Further, the situation is highly dynamic. if a new ad-hoc business question comes up during operation such as like to know for the identified time frame of interest for a user, is there any login activities he/she did, or on-going, on another new network. Assume we can have access to the operational data of this new source, it will be very hard for the operators if they need to wait for custom programing finish first, or need to extract and load this new data source into a centralized data store first.
What we need is a brand new agile way to rapidly plug and play this new live data source into the common Data Correlation Fabric without the need to move data to a central place first. At run-time, the Fabric can dynamically query and visualize this newly plugged in data dynamically by leveraging correlated query conditions extracted from the human or machine recognized patterns based on initial data source’s on the fly. SitScape’s innovative and patented technology provides exactly such a data correlation and linking fabric.
I believe this game-changing technology will drastically improve the agility, flexibility and adaptability of the overall information intelligence decision-making process.
For more on SitScape see http://sitscape.com
More on Sitscape:
- SitScape and AECOM announce five-year strategic partnership
- SitScape CEO Kevin Yin will speak on the Webinar “Actionable Intelligence for the Performance-Based Operations Center” Sep 19, 2018
- SitScape: Providing analysts, operators and decision makers with agile Data Visualization and Correlation in a Big Data world
- SitScape, Inc. Receives Multi-Million Dollar Award from United States Air Force
- SitScape, Inc. Selected by In-Q-Tel (IQT) to Support the U.S. Intelligence Community
Track the most disruptive technologies by diving into our categorized index:
Artificial Intelligence Companies | Big Data Companies | Business Intelligence Companies | Cybersecurity Companies | Cloud Computing Companies | Collaborative Tool Companies | Infrastructure Companies | IoT Companies | Mobile Companies | Robotics Companies | Services Companies | Tech Titans | VC, PE and Finance Companies