The Cloud Security Alliance is a not-for-profit organization with a mission to promote the use of best practices for providing security assurance within Cloud Computing, and to provide education on the uses of Cloud Computing to help secure all other forms of computing. It is a member-driven organization.
The Cloud Security Alliance is led by a broad coalition of industry practitioners, corporations, associations and other key stakeholders. If you are an individual expert you can become a member free. Corporations and government agencies can support with organizational memberships (and your organization may already be a member).
For further information, visit: CloudSecurityAlliance.org
Find them on Twitter at: @cloudsa
Every year for the last 5 years the CSA has hosted leading federal cybersecurity and cloud computing experts together with peers from industry and academia in a federal summit. The 2018 Cloud Security Alliance federal summit will be held 15 May in Washington DC.
The event is focused on helping agencies shift to a secure cloud for Mission Critical Systems
- What are the Technologies – new and proven – that are critical to making cloud the dominant IT system?
- What Government Programs are leading the pack in deploying Mission Critical Systems to the Cloud?
- What are lessons learned in deploying a secure cloud to support mission critical systems?
This one-day summit will focus on two components of cloud security – deploying mission critical systems to the cloud, and new technologies that support deployment including managing security certifications and compliance.
- Karen Evans – National Director, U.S. Cyber Challenge, Former Administrator of Office of Electronic and IT at OMB
- Matt Goodrich – Director FedRAMP, GSA
- Mark Weatherford – SVP & Chief Cybersecurity Strategist, vArmour, Former Deputy Under Secretary for Cybersecurity, DHS
- Dr. Mari Spina – Principal Cyber Security Engineer, MITRE Security for Enterprise and Cloud Architectures
For more and to register see: CSA Federal Summit
Latest posts by Bob Gourley
- Global Cyber Alliance Release: Perhaps the most important of the 2018 RSA Conference Season - April 19, 2018
- Fingbox: Giving you something you need now more than ever, awareness and control over your home network - April 17, 2018
- Russian State-Sponsored Cyber Actors Targeting Network Infrastructure Devices - April 17, 2018