The annual STAR-TIDES event is running 20-21 October, this time online.
I’m participating in a panel focused on improving resiliency across the many stovepipes of response in crisis.
Here is more:
STAR-TIDES is a global knowledge-sharing network that focuses on building sustainable resilience, promoting human security (freedom from want and freedom from fear), and creating life-changing social and economic activities.
STAR-TIDES is a community. The name stands for Sharing To Accelerate Research – Transformative Innovation for Development and Emergency Support. In the past STAR-TIDES has been instrumental in working with numerous real-world events, from Cyclones Sidr in Bangladesh (2007), Nargis in Myanmar (2008), and Pam in Vanuatu (2015), to the 2010 Haiti earthquake, the 2011 great East Japan Earthquake and Tsunami, and Hurricane Sandy in 2012, Typhoon Haiyan/Yolanda in the Philippines (2013), the 2015 earthquake in Nepal, and Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico in 2017.
Details of the coming event are at: https://star-tides.net/events-
I am moderating an event at STAR TIDES that focuses on resilience. Panelists at this event include:
- Michael Tanji of the Global Cyber Alliance
- Declan Kirrane of Intelligence in Science
- Clare Lockhart of the Institute for State Effectiveness
Please join us and learn how you can contribute to disaster response before the next one hits.
For more and to register see: The STAR-TIDES Event
- OODAcon Online 18 Nov 2020: Hack your way into the future - October 22, 2020
- OODAcast: Dr. Melissa Flagg of the Center for Security and Emerging Technology - October 21, 2020
- Optimizing Corporate Intelligence - October 20, 2020