Amazon Web Services launched AWS Kinesis in 2013 as a fully managed service for real-time processing of streaming data at scale. It can collect and process petabytes of data per hour from millions of sources, enabling applications to be written that take action on or because of that streaming data. Early use cases included web site click-stream processing, marketing and financial applications, manufacturing instrumentation, and social media. Like other AWS capabilities, it is provided in a way that is economical and easy for developers to use.
The world has evolved over the past five years. The explosion of data we all saw coming is here. And the rapid uptake of Internet of Things and Industrial Internet of Things are two of the key drivers of that massive increase in data. IoT and IIoT also need new control solutions and that has been a big trend over the last several years as well. Another huge change has been the proliferation of video as a source. Just about every mobile device can do video now. And just about every company has video surveillance and security cameras. So do local, state and federal governments. Other changes in our ecosystem have been a continuous improvement in voice recognition technologies and working machine learning and artificial intelligence solutions.
This content requires a login to read. If you are a CTOvision Pro member, please make sure you are logged in.
If you are not yet a member, please try our free trial! Here is more info:
CTOvision Pro is our subscription only research and analysis service. This service leverages our proven ability to spot, analyze and accelerate disruptive technologies to provide mission impacting, actionable information.
We deliver actionable insights that will make direct contributions to your success. Subscribing gives you a leg up over your competition by making sure you are always aware of what is possible in enterprise IT.
CTOvision Pro members receive:
- Exclusive content
- A special newsletter with insights and summaries of our latest reports
- Access to our “Ask the CTO” feature
- In depth analysis on enterprise IT
- Overviews on and projections/assessments on the future of IT
- Special reports on Big Data, Cloud Computing, Cyber Security
- Special reporting on Federal IT
Our high value reports will help you know the difference between leading edge and bleeding edge and fantasy. Know which technology is about to disrupt the market and beat out existing programs and projects. And be the first to find out which company holds the greatest potential of helping you succeed in your enterprise mission and business pursuits.
Latest posts by Bob Gourley
- AI for Government Programs and the Federal Marketplace - September 19, 2018
- Don’t Worry, We Now Have Three Old Ideas for Solving the Cybersecurity Skills Gap - September 19, 2018
- SitScape CEO Kevin Yin will speak on the Webinar “Actionable Intelligence for the Performance-Based Operations Center” Sep 19, 2018 - September 15, 2018