VoltDB is a blazingly fast relational database system. It is specifically designed for modern software applications that are pushed beyond their limits by high velocity data sources. This new generation of systems – real-time feeds, machine-generated data, micro-transactions, high performance content serving – requires database throughput that can reach millions of operations per second. What’s more, the applications that use this data must be able to scale on demand, provide flawless fault tolerance and give real-time visibility into the data that drives business value. VoltDB is the preferred database solution for high velocity applications in industries such as capital markets, digital advertising, online games, network services, internet security, and fraud detection.
From their website:
An insanely fast, in-memory database for real-time analytics. Applications today require operational databases to meet some very challenging requirements. A fast NewSQL database with incredibly high read and write speeds, SQL and JSON, event-level transactions and integrated in-memory analytics…
That’s a tall order. And VoltDB delivers, for hundreds of customers.
Learn more here: http://voltdb.com
- Introducing VoltDB 3.0 (architects.dzone.com)
- Debunking Myths About the VoltDB In-Memory Database (java.dzone.com)
- The Technology of VoltDB (ctovision.com)
- Flytxt Partners with VoltDB for Real-time Streaming Analysis of Mobile Communication Service Provider Data (newsmaker.com.au)
- Writing VoltDB Apps in Java Q&A (java.dzone.com)