If you’re looking for a job at tech startup and are interested in finding solid salary data, you are now in luck. Wealthfront has created a new tool to graph the salary and equity ranges for employees at tech startups based on job type, seniority, size of company, and job location.
We have used this tool and our clients and find it to be incredibly insightful.
Across the 8,300 workers surveyed at 135 privately held companies, top-level sales managers routinely were in the top earners of the salary scale. Although more technical workers at tech startups may not receive as high salaries as their sales counterparts, their greater stake in equity may mean larger paydays down the road. Wealthfront, a startup itself, has licensed the salary data and made it available for free as part of its effort to democratize access to financial information.
Surveys like this can be important context as you establish your startup or as you build your plans for a continued career in technology.
As we track these topics we will continue providing our context here and in our tech directory. Be sure you are signed up to our daily and monthly reports for updates. Do that at: https://ctovision.com/newsletter-subscriptions/
Find our Reports on the Business of Technology at:
- CTOvision Assessment On The Megatrend of Cloud Computing
- CTOvision Assessment On The Megatrend of Artificial Intelligence
- CTOvision Assessment On The Megatrend of Mobility
- CTOvision Assessment On The Megatrend of Bigdata
- CTOvision Assessment On The Megatrend of Robotics
- CTOvision Assessment On The Megatrend of the Internet of Things
- CTOvision Assessment On The Megatrend of Cybersecurity
- Education & Technology – The Year of the MOOC - November 18, 2012
- Wealthfront’s Startup Compensation Tool - November 17, 2012
- Why Every Person Should Want Electronic Health Records - November 12, 2012