With this post we are initiating coverage of zSpace, an incredible capability delivering new ways to collaborate, learn, design and create through immersive exploration. We see great potential for this firm in enterprise IT including workforce training and education, product marketing/sales, product design and executive level decision support.
An overview of zSpace is available in the video at this link and embedded below:
zSpace develops virtual-holographic computing platforms for markets that make use of 3D objects, visualizations, and simulations. The company’s products include zSpace, which is a virtual-holographic simulation platform used to view, manipulate, and communicate complex ideas. Its products are used in CAD/CAM/CAE, GIS/geospatial, energy, scientific visualization, and health care markets. The company was founded in 2001 and is headquartered in Mountain View, California.
Here is more from their website:
A virtual reality environment for immersive exploration, visualization, and learning.
Unleash the full potential of human understanding.
zSpace is an immersive, interactive hardware and software platform for students, educators, researchers, and corporate trainers. zSpace gives depth to the digital learning experience by improving the way things are studied, explored, designed and visualized.
- zSpace solutions incorporate unique software, a special zSpace display and PC
- A zSpace display is a high-definition 3D monitor with full resolution images rendered for each eye and uses sensors to track the viewing angle of the user
- Uniquely designed stylus for managing all interactions in 3D space
- Applications for K-12, Medical schools and corporate training
- Development platform for creating new applications and integrating new input devices
- zSpace monitor – 24 inch HD LCD (1080p120Hz) with built-in tracking sensors
- Stylus with 3-buttons and integrated infrared LED
- Polarized passive 3D eye-wear
- 1-year warranty with option for 3-year extended program
- zSpace SDK for software developers
- Combined with the zSpace, zView allows users to share their work with an audience
- It is an augmented reality display where the audience is able to appreciate the leader’s virtual perspective on any 2D projector, display or TV
- Used as a classroom aid, it helps instructors lead students through projects in the most relevant way possible
- Share the power of a virtual display with an audience on existing AV equipment
For more see: http://zspace.com/