Couchbase is the NoSQL database market share leader, with production deployments at AOL,Deutsche Post, NTT Docomo, Salesforce.com, Starbucks, Turner Broadcasting Systems, Vimeo, Zynga, and hundreds of other global enterprises. Couchbase Server, our NoSQL database offering, delivers a more scalable, high-performance and cost-effective approach to data management than relational database technology. It is particularly well suited for storing the data behind web applications deployed on modern virtualized or cloud infrastructures.
Couchbase is sponsor of the Couchbase Server NoSQL database open source project. Our engineering team includes the core committers and leading contributors to this project and to its upstream open source projects: Apache CouchDB and memcached.
Led by a seasoned team of Silicon Valley executives, we offer commercially licensed and supported versions of Couchbase Server. Our commercial customer roster grew by over 150 customers in 2011 and spans a wide variety of industry segments including:
- Social gaming: Zynga, Pokemon, Quepasa, Antic Entertainment, Buffalo Studios, Gamegos, Gamingos, Meteor Games, Nexon, Playtika, Scoreloop, Shuffle Master, Sojo Studios, Tribal Crossing, VNG, Vostu
- Advertising: AOL, MediaMind, BurstaBit, Chango, Cognitive Match, Dotomi, Nami Media, TubeMogul, Xclaim
- Communications: NTT Docomo, Orange France Telecom, VodafoneCisco, ITT, Korea Telecom
- Business services: Salesforce.com, Thomson Reuters, ADP, Concur, Deutsche Post DHL, LG CNS, Navteq
- E-commerce: Starbucks, Skechers, Ganz, Kobo, Skyscanner, The Knot
- Social networking: SmugMug, Vimeo, mig33, Spotme, Tango, The Ladders, Tunewiki, Umami TV,
- Automotive: American Honda, BMW, Manheim
Learn more here: http://www.couchbase.com/