With this post CTOvision is initiating coverage of SAS.
Widely know in enterprise technology circles for their advanced analytics, business intelligence and enterprise data management capabilities, SAS is continuing to invest in innovation, partnering and mission focused application development. SAS is highly regarded for their mission focused applications in domains like:
- Fraud and Security Intelligence
- Big Data Solutions (with Hadoop)
- In-Memory and In-Data Base Analytics
- Data Visualization and Business Intelligence
- Threat Intelligence
- Decision Management and Decision Support
As a platform, SAS offers capabilities that can enhance the overall enterprise data approach, and they are designed to work well with existing capabilities. A review of their partner directory, for example, shows 1077 partners they have formalized relationships with, including firms like Cloudera, EMC, IBM, Oracle and Teradata (they clearly play well with others).
SAS is consistently evaluated at the top of the pack in evaluations by Gartner. The Gartner 2014 Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence and Analytics Platforms, for example, puts them in the leaders quadrant and reports that:
SAS's analytics portfolio spans platforms for BI, performance management, data warehousing, in-memory databases, data integration, data quality, and content and social analytics. However, unlike most other BI platform vendors, SAS's core strength is in its advanced analytical techniques, such as data mining, predictive modeling, simulation and optimization, for which it is acknowledged as a Leader in "Magic Quadrant for Advanced Analytics Platforms."
- SAS ranked No. 1 advanced and predictive analytics provider by industry research firm: Organizations trust SAS® technologies for big data analytics, improved insights that drive business success
- SAS® advanced analytics scores double win in analyst report: Hurwitz Victory Index finds SAS "overall victor" in customer experience, "top competitor" in vision, viability