All indications are that their investment in R&D for enterprise solutions will continue which means innovation will continue.
From their website:
This year, VMware celebrates 20 years as an industry pioneer. When the company launched in February 1998, we transformed the data center forever by mainstreaming virtualization, the core principle of cloud computing. Twenty years later, we remain just as focused on innovating in everything we do, and committed to solving the most difficult technology problems for our customers. We apply the same principles of virtualization and software innovation to securely connect, manage and automate the world’s complex digital infrastructure. And there’s so much more to come.
We see opportunity to apply those principles to growing technology areas like IoT, edge computing, and AI, amongst others. We are optimistic about the power of technology to be a force for good, with the potential to solve the big societal problems of today and tomorrow. Software, as we see it, has the power to transform business and humanity.
For more see: VMware.com
CTOvision Reporting on VMware
- AWS Snowball Edge And Hyper Converged Infrastructure Will Revolutionize Global Enterprises
- Technologies To See At DoDIIS
- VMware: A Tech Titan And Leader In Cloud Infrastructure and Digital Transformation
- Microsegmentation - Secure Your Internal Network
- The Technologies At Hadoop World: Here is our cut on the best technologies to see there
- Free Tools to Help Manage your Virtualized Datacenter
- Cumulus Networks: Linux operating system for networking hardware
- An Introduction to Risk Analysis
- Cloudera and VMware Working Together Is A Virtuous Thing
- Organizations using web crawlers, DARPA will no longer support CFT, VMware's Horizon Mirage 4.0