Datatribe is unique. It seems like a VC firm, it makes investments. But it is run more like a company focused on building businesses. It also seems like a startup accelerator/incubator, providing leadership advice, space and assistance to startups that it invests in. But it is far more than that.
Here is how they describe themselves:
DataTribe is co-building the next generation of commercial Cybersecurity, Analytics and Big Data products with game-changing technology and teams coming out of the Intelligence Community and research labs in the Washington, D.C. area.
To learn a bit more about Datatribe and what is unique about them see this video of co-founder Mike Janke:
Although Datatribe is unique, we track them with VC firms because they are on the side of creators, investing in and building great firms like Dragos, Enveil, Kesala, Prevailion, InternalSense, Refirm Labs. We will be capturing more insights on all those firms in our directory of Disruptive IT.
- FingBox Gives You Network Superpowers: Network security that contributes to physical security
- DataTribe Launches Inaugural Cyber Funding Competition: The DataTribe Cyber Crucible (putting up $Millions in funding)
- Platform Giants and Venture-Backed Startups
- Scaleworks: A new model of finance they call “Venture Equity”
- CTO-as-a-Service: When your enterprise needs deep technical expertise on demand