With this post I would like to provide an opinion on Artificial Intelligence.
Everything I have observed for decades leads me to believe that with hard work anyone can succeed in a career in AI.
Of course this is a technical field, but it is actually not the most technical field. Everything a person needs to know about the tech of AI can be self taught using online sites like Udemy or Coursera or MOOC. If a person has just a little exposure to computer tech they can start with basic courses and work their way up to programming and before long can be working through tutorials that show the real meaning of machine learning, deep learning and neural networks. It is really not as difficult as calculus or organic chemistry. Like anything else it can take hard work, but I really believe almost anyone can learn this stuff.
And, for those who already have time in a career field, your successes there can contribute to your successes in AI, since the real power of AI will be in applying it to real world challenges.
So, if you want a successful career in AI, it is yours for the taking. With hard work and persistence, the same two factors that drive success in other fields, you can have a fantastic career in AI.
For some other opinions and insights:
Cyberwar and Cybersecurity:
- FingBox Gives You Network Superpowers: Network security that contributes to physical security
- The Bill Codifying The New Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency Is Short and Sweet
- Working in Cybersecurity: Life on the front lines, in the C-suite, and everywhere in-between
- The 2018 SINET 16 Awardees: Every one worth watching
- You have always known there is a threat of hardware attacks: Get ugly details here
- Don’t Worry, We Now Have Three Old Ideas for Solving the Cybersecurity Skills Gap
- Sometimes We Love The EU and Their Regulations: Tech Firms Face Prospect of Fines in Europe Over Terror Propaganda
- The Next Big Move In Trade: Restricting more tech exports to China and barring some investments
- Adapting the U.S. Approach to Strategic Deterrence In An Age Of Rapid Technology Change
- As We May Think: Vannevar Bush’s 1945 Essay still provides great motivational concepts for advancing science
- HBO’s Westworld: The Man In Black is a special kind of Twitter user
- Elon Musk, Our Kwisatz Haderach, Cites Frank Herbert
- I’m afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it.
- Lessons of Science Fiction Computer Interfaces
- Electric Dreams: Amazon Turns Philip K. Dick Short Stories Into 10 Standalone Movies
- Thiel, Hoffman, and Spiderman Ethics
- Robots Keep Evolving: New Capabilities of Boston Dynamics Robotic Dog Are Amazing
- Boston Dynamics RoboDog Has A New Skill: Terrifying, But Potentially Lifesaving
Latest posts by Bob Gourley
- Announcing A New CTOvision Study: Build vs Buy in the Government Sector - October 17, 2019
- Future Proof Conference Announced - October 8, 2019
- Join OODA and CTOvision in Boston at AI World 23-25 Oct - October 8, 2019