One of the enjoyable things about estimating the future is there is always a new consideration. It is a dynamic task that is never done. This is especially true in analyzing the future of enterprise technology, where things are always moving fast. We try to find balance in tracking the future of technology by focusing on the metatrends, those very powerful forces that sweep over us all (whether we want them to or not). Megatrends change, but not as fast as the rapidly changing offerings of the tech ecosystem. This allows us to make predictions with a bit more certainty than trying to predict which product or solution or company will dominate. This approach enables a degree of certainty supportive of most strategic planning efforts, even if it does not provide precision around timing or exact manifestation of solutions.
The megatrends we track can be remembered with the mnemonic acronym CAMBRIC, which stands for Cloud Computing, Artificial Intelligence, Mobility, Big Data, Robotics, Internet of Things, CyberSecurity.
To receive notice when we publish new content on these megatrends be sure you are signed up for our daily newsletter. Confirm that on our Newsletter Subscriptions page.
Find our reports at:
- CTOvision Assessment On The Megatrend of Cloud Computing
- CTOvision Assessment On The Megatrend of Artificial Intelligence
- CTOvision Assessment On The Megatrend of Mobility
- CTOvision Assessment On The Megatrend of Bigdata
- CTOvision Assessment On The Megatrend of Robotics
- CTOvision Assessment On The Megatrend of the Internet of Things
- CTOvision Assessment On The Megatrend of Cybersecurity
For more interesting reading see:
- Snakes in the Satellites: PassiveTotal provides an update on a massive adversary infrastructure
- Want The Government To Do Something About Cybersecurity? Advocate Congress establish a permanent joint committee on information technology
- Airbus confirms software errors/configuration brought down A400M transport plane
Latest posts by Bob Gourley
- Cybersecurity for AI Solutions Webinar 9 May 2019 - April 21, 2019
- OODA Produces A Traveling Executive’s Guide to Cybersecurity - April 19, 2019
- The Cloud Security Alliance Federal Summit 7 May 2019 - April 17, 2019